Saturday, September 25, 2010

Respond to Aleah

I took this quote from Aleah blog:
Today during P.E. my classmates and I were having a very serious/jokey debate on who can say the N-word. Another African-American students was on my debate side and two Caucasian students were together a female, and male. Keep in my this student was a sophomore. So the N-word came up. Usually it can be said just out of fun when African Americans Said it but it sounded really discriminatory, when this particular Caucasian student said it. Me and my debate partner stopped our football game and said “you can’t say that, your not black”, and then the other student said “Why not? If black people call themselves that than why can’t I” That’s when the debating started.
     I think it’s wrong when another race than African American say the N-word because it reminds African American to the past. It reminds them of slavery when white people where calling them the N-word I really think they will take it offensive because your just help them remember about slavery which they don't want to know about. They just want peace and mostly not being discriminated. I really think that if a African American would be called the N-word they will fight.
     I agree with Aleah but not all because people mostly call others the N-word most of the times for like a friend’s proper way. I mean like they say "whats up my N-word" and usually they will just respond like "ooo whats up my N-word" I don't want to say the word because I don't want to be disrespectful so I was just giving you people of an examples.
     Finally, I really think its offensive if you don't know the person and he's African American and you call him the N-word. But where I work at there is a lot of people saying that i just can't believe it this guy say it that guy this woman this person. I was just like why in the world are we complaining if you see millions of people saying and we are arguing about it. There is no point to it but to Aleah it really affects her and her feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment