Saturday, March 5, 2011

The 4 vignettes!!!!

     In the vignette in "my name" it basically talks about here name and how she would like to change it and where she got it from. I think that the symbolic for this vignette is here name and how she would like to change it in some way because she basically gets teased about it at school from students. That maybe the purpose she is trying to change her name so she won't get judge by anyone. Anyways I like how she explain a let about here name and where it came from I think that it is very useful and in my opinion it shows something about her and who she wants to be. This is what I am talking about when I said she explains lots of thin gas about her self "In English my name means hope. In Spanish it means too many letters." she only brings negative things about her in the beginning. That maybe explains something.

     I just finished reading the vignette "No speak English" I didn’t really get what was the symbolic there because it just kept talking about different things. But I remembered in class that we were talking about color was sort of one of the symbolic and she was talking about a lot of pink here is the quote I found "Home is a house in a photograph, a pink house, pink as hollyhocks with lots of startled light." well I think that this is the symbolic because the is talking about the main character in this vignette so that’s one reason I think that this is the symbolic because we talked about this in class.

     Another vignette shows another symbolic I think I know this symbolic. This symbolic is about the windows and about oldness in my opinion because she even states it. She also states things she wants to do before she gets old like go to the bar and dance. I don’t get it why doesn't she want to dance when she old what difference does it make. I like these vignettes because they just pop up great information about the whole book. Anyways I seen a quote that talks about how she talks about windows, that was also another thing we talked about in our group and a whole class. I said that it’s like a trap and it’s like close and doesn't give her air. Basically I think she is talking about how things she wants to do always get rejected meaning the things she wants to do doesn’t happen, and it will get bigger when some of her expectation comes up.

     For this last vignette which is called sally blew me away. It made me feel emotional because she did something wrong to a best friend and now she doesn’t have anyone to be with but herself which is normal in a way but kind of boring. Also it said something about windows I think these 4 vignettes I just read are trying to tell us something. For me its saying always keep your expectations up don’t always feel down always put effort into what I believe in hers a quote that describes that for me " maybe your feet will stop in front of a house, a nice one with flowers and big windows" basically that right there is telling her to live up your expectations be strong and do things that is right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment